This day we decided to spend the day in Disneyland. It didn't open until 10, but we had a magic morning pass that got us in at 9. The Magic Morning pass wasn't all that great. It only got us into Fantasy Land and some of Tomorrow Land. Since these were the only Lands open it was crowded. But, we did get a few rides in. After we spent an hour in Fantasy Land we made our way over to Tomorrow Land to meet mom and dad. Tomorrow Land was even more crowded then Fantasy Land. I was a little caught off guard by this. I thought , "What are all these people doing here? It's not supposed to be this busy" We were a little frustrated by this, but once we figured out fast pass and left Tomorrow Land we had a great day. We mostly spent the day on the other side of the park. Giving up on Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land made for a happy day! The favorite ride of the day was Indiana Jones. We convinced Caleb to go on Splash Mountain. I don't know if he loved it or hated it (probably both). He keeps talking about how fun it was, but he didn't like "the down" part. I love Disneyland. Next time we go I vow never to go near a holiday again. One fun thing was the Halloween decorations and all the people in costumes. Some people really went all out and they almost looked as good as the official Disney characters.
Tyler and Caleb trying to pull out "The Sword in the Stone" Too bad the Carousel was closed. (Small World, Tea Cups and Thunder Mountain was closed too. We were a little bummed about that.)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. We didn't go on Peter Pan this year. I was sad about that, because it's one of my favorites.
Dumbo, another favorite of the kids!
Here we are in a tea cup. We didn't go on the ride, but this is just as good. Right?
Tarzan's Tree house
Haunted Mansion. It was Nightmare Before Christmas theme.
I am still laughing at how funny this picture turned out. I kind of wish I would have bought it. I am holding Caleb's face because he didn't want to see what he was getting into.
River boat ride. It's a fun relaxing ride.
Last ride of the day. River Boat Tour is always fun. After this we went to the parade and ended the day.
It was so fun to have Mom and Dad with us. We loved it! I wanted to write this story down that dad told me before I forget too much of it. Dad used to visit California a lot in his childhood because he had several Aunts and Uncles that lived there. One trip they went to Disneyland. When they got to the park Grandpa Austen gave dad some money to buy the tickets. Dad bought the tickets and ran off without getting the change. Next thing he knows a man walks up to him tells him he forget something hands him the change and shakes his hand. When he left Grandpa Austen asks dad if he knew who that was. Dad didn't know. Grandpa Austen said "That was Walt Disney"! Wow, what a fun thing for my dad to have seen and shaken Walt Disney's hand in person. I think Dad said he was about 9 or 10 or so. Side note: Dad and Mom would tell us what the original rides were throughout the day and what they were like. Fun memories


1 comment:
Oh, what a fun post. It made me want to go back to Disneyland and go on Splash Mt again..hehehehe! I laugh at that picture every time I see it! I am going to get out our family splash mt picture and compare! Thanks for posting.. Dad and I had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment