Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Quick Update

So far I have packed a few boxes. It's been really hard. It's like packing up an old friend. As I am packing I ask, "WHY are we doing this?" But I have felt peace and know Heavenly Father 's hand is in my life.

We have rented out our house to some people that used to be in our ward. We have a good feeling about it.

This weekend we plan to go down and look at some houses. We talked to some people and have a good feeling about a few places. So if all goes well we will be moving in a few weeks.

I am going to miss all my dear friends. I will just have to plan trips up here and they will have to plan trips down there.

By the Way: Happy Leap Year
Here is a poem from my mom:
Thirty days hath September,
April, June and November;
All the rest have thirty-one
Save February, she alone
Hath eight days and a score
Til leap year gives her one day more.

5 comments:

Ty * April said...

So excited for you! Congrats on the promotion. It really would be a bittersweet thing. I get to attatched to things and I don't know if I could do it. :) Panguitch will be fun.

David and Mary said...

Think how fun it will be to open all those books and put them in a new home with a fresh new look! It will be like Christmas! We will help unpack, tend kids, run errands... anything that helps out.

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

Look Laura, I checked your blog! And I just read that you are moving. Now I know. Just kidding. I miss you already. Hope the move went well. I'll have to check back here often!

Heidi said...

Panguitch is my sister in law Heidi's hometown. The Daltons are her family. Kim Campbell is her sister and Gaylen and Becky Dalton live there. Becky is from Hurricane she was a Dean. Ben will know all this. =) Congrats on the new job.
BTW Leap Year Day is my Birthday. ;)

Heidi said...

Panguitch is my sister in law Heidi's hometown. The Daltons are her family. Kim Campbell is her sister and Gaylen and Becky Dalton live there, they are our age. Becky is from Hurricane she's a Dean. Ben will know all this. ;) Congrats on the new job. BTW Leap Year (day) is my Birthday. ;)
Heidi Wright